- First place:
- Second place:
- Third place:
- Honorable mentions 1 point
* The judge is usually from outside the HPS.
- Entries which “placed” during the year are eligible for the year-end judging.
- Entries for annual judging must be resubmitted no later than the 4th Monday in November.
In December of each year, an annual banquet is held in lieu of regular meetings. At that time, new officers are installed and year-end competition is held. All entries that have placed in the monthly competitions for that year are re-judged and exhibited.
- Best of Year: presented to the best photograph in each category.
- Best of Year Monochrome
- Best of Year Color Print
- Best of Year Slide
- Best of Year Digital
- Presidents Award: presented to the HPS member who has accumulated the most competition points during the year.
Lifetime Awards Program
The following motion was passed unanimously by the HPS Board at its regular session on August 10, 1987 and accepted by vote of the membership the same date.
- Fellow of HPS : An HPS member who has had twenty (20) entries that have placed during monthly competition shall attain the status of Fellow of HPS and receive a certificate so attesting.
- Fellow – Stars : Once a member is a Fellow of HPS, additional earned competition points shall result in the following merit star awards:
- 20 points – Bronze Star
- 40 points – Silver Star
- 60 points – Gold Star
- Master of Photography : This is awarded after a Fellow of HPS has won one hundred (100) additional competition points and has had at least one public exhibition of his or her work.
Regarding the exhibition; you must meet the following stipulations:
A. The exhibition may be with a group of other exhibitors or a single showing.
B. The member must display a minimum of six (6) matted or framed prints.
C. The exhibition must last a minimum of 5 days.
[The Huntsville Art League has a standing offer of Gallery space to any HPS member nearing the "Masters" level.]
A. You must inform the Competition Secretary of a showing no later than one year after the point accumulation for Master status, so they may verify it.
- OR –
B. You must provide the.Competition Secretary verifiable evidence of a showing prior to the point accumulation.
C. It is the member’s responsibility to notify the Competition Secretary of the details of the public exhibition, and the HPS Competition Secretary must certify both the points and exhibition requirement.